We are currently hiring for the position of Senior Center Coordinator.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Lori York, Senior Center Director, at LYork@CharlotteSeniorCenterVT.org. The position will be open until filled.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Senior Center Coordinator
The position is under the direction of the Senior Center Director and assists the Director primarily by 1) coordinating volunteers; 2) overseeing course registration and payments; 3) managing the Center’s database; 4) updating marketing materials, website, and social media posts; and 5) interacting and engaging with the users of the Center. The Senior Center Coordinator is an employee of the Town of Charlotte.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Intermediate computer skills with database experience
- Ability to take initiative, work cooperatively, and maintain confidentiality
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree preferred or applicable job experience
- Comfortable posting to social media; working with databases; and setting up technology for Zoom presentations, film screenings and in-person presentations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Coordination: Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers who are involved with:
- Meals & Events: Kitchen duty, cooking teams, dishwashing
- Hosts working at our reception desk
- Red Cross blood drives & other onsite health clinics and community outreach activities and events.
- Database Management: Maintain a digital database system of all who use and/or volunteer at the Senior Center; produce mailing lists; help coordinate monthly newsletter mailings
- Program/event contact and liaison: Onsite contact for day-to-day communication, questions and concerns.
- Assist with maintaining an online class registration and payment system utilizing, if necessary, outside consults and software to make it user friendly
- Coordinate system for tracking and ordering supplies for office, kitchen and cleaning. Assist in maintaining Center supply inventories and placing orders as needed.
- Assist the Senior Center Board and Director in coordinating and scheduling special events.
- Coordinate the technology associated with events, including audio/visual systems, projectors, and Zoom sessions.
- Posting to social media and updating the Senior Center website.
- Ensure bulletin boards and website calendars stay up to date throughout the Center.
- Attend monthly Senior Center Board meetings and report to the board in a timely manner on activities, concerns, ideas, etc.
- Be familiar with the Senior Center facility and its systems for safety: alarms, repairs, ventilation, etc. and report abnormalities and issues to the Senior Center Director
- Undertake other duties and tasks as assigned by the Senior Center Director. The goal is for this role to work collaboratively with the Director and to be familiar with all activities and functions of the Senior Center so that the participant experience is seamless when the Director is not on site.
Supervised by: Senior Center Director; as a town employee, the Senior Center Coordinator is ultimately responsible to the Town Administrator and Selectboard.
Hours: Position is part-time at 15 hours/week with a set schedule.
Either five mornings (Monday through Friday, 9:30 am -12:30 pm) or four mornings (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 9:30 am -1:30 pm and Fridays 9:30 am – 12:30 pm). Based on preference of applicant.
Compensation: Compensation is in accordance with the Town of Charlotte Salary Administration Policy, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is paid on an hourly basis, and is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act. There are no health insurance or leave benefits offered with this position. Maximum pay rate set by the Town of Charlotte is $17.75 / hour.
Working conditions: The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described in this job description are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required under Federal and State law.
Approved by the Selectboard: March 28, 2022