Charlotte Senior Center
Payments, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
For courses that require pre-payment to register (these are typically classes that are registered as a multi-week session, like music, art, or language classes), payment must be received at least one week in advance of the start of the course. Payments may be made online by credit card or in person by check or cash. If you wish to pay online by credit card, you will be charged a convenience fee of 3% of your transaction. For classes that do not require registration, you will have the option to be invoiced and pay monthly.
If you wish to withdraw from a program, you need to contact Senior Center staff to request a refund. If you are eligible for a refund, the amount will be calculated using the policy below. You can choose to have the refund amount issued by a check or saved as credit toward a future class. Credits left on your account are only good for one year from the date of issue.
No refunds are given for course sessions you are not able to attend, nor can we prorate a course’s cost for such missed sessions.
Refund processing takes up to three weeks. We do not provide cash refunds. All refunds will be issued by check, regardless of method of payment. Note that credit card convenience fees are non-refundable.
- If we cancel a class or activity, all registration fees will be refunded. We cannot refund the credit card convenience fee.
- If you withdraw from the program before the registration deadline, you will get a full refund of registration fees (does not include credit card convenience fee).
- If you withdraw after the program registration deadline, a $25.00 cancellation fee will apply, and the balance of your registration fee will be refunded.
- If you withdraw 1-3 business days before the start of the program, you will receive a 50% refund. The $25.00 cancellation fee applies to all programs before refunds are calculated.
- If you withdraw on or after the first day of the program, no refund or credit will be issued.